Photos compliment of Jacob Setser Photography
Official Rules and Regulations
Calling all photographers! Are you a passionate nature photographer? Lacawac Sanctuary invites you to share your photos!
ELIGIBILITY: This contest is open to the general public and all photographers 13 years of age and older with a valid email account.
THEME: Lacawac Sanctuary is looking for photos that depict the relationship between wildlife and their habitat, plants and their habitat or human connection with nature, which includes recreation and a sense of wonder. The photos must be taken at Lacawac Sanctuary and Field Station, 94 Sanctuary Rd., Lake Ariel, PA 18426.
Submit a photograph to fit one of these categories:
1. WILDLIFE PORTRAITS - This category includes portraits and behaviors of non- captive animals in their natural habitats. This includes all species in the animal kingdom from aquatic to avain, excluding humans, found on Lacawac’s property.
2. NATURAL OBJECTS PORTRAITS - This category includes objects as they are found in nature. Included are plants, wildflowers, trees, rocks, minerals, fungi, and lichens. Please leave all objects where you find them, as some species you may find can be rare or sensitive to certain conditions.
3. NATURE SCENES - This category includes expansive views that may include landscapes, waterscapes, cloudscapes, forests, streams, sunrises, and sunsets.
4. PEOPLE INTERACTING WITH NATURE - This category includes people interacting with and enjoying nature at Lacawac-sponsored events, family outings, educational programs, and recreational activities.
5. ART IN NATURE - Photos should possess an artistic quality, with a focus on natural patterns, lines and shapes. Photos may be captured in a variety of artistic fashions including, but not limited to: panorama, background-focus, foreground-focus, close-up, macro.
WHEN: The contest begins March 1. All entries must be received by November 30. Voting for the public will be open December 1 to 31. Winners will be announced by January 6, 2016.
HOW TO ENTER: Contestants can enter by submitting photos via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/lacawacphotocontest or using the Twitter hashtag #PicsAtLacawac.
Be sure to include the photo caption (the subject of the image and the name of the photographer). Contestants may include the story behind the photograph when applicable. For e-mail entries use the subject line: Photo Contest 2015. For Facebook and Twitter submissions, include the hashtag #PicsAtLacawac.
RULES FOR ENTRY:
WINNER SELECTION: Top 20 photos that are selected by Lacawac staff and naturalists will be posted on Facebook in a separate tab. Voting via Shortstack.com will be open to the public from December 1 to 31st. The top three photos that receive the most votes will win. Winners will be announced by January 6, 2016. Overall prizes will be awarded to first-, second- and third-place winners.
PRIZES: A top winner will be selected in each of the five categories and receive a professional quality print of your image. Overall winners, first-, second- and third-place, will receive the following awards: First-place will receive an 11x14 canvas wrap. Second-place will receive an 11x14 foam-mounted photo standout. Third-place will receive an 8x10 foam-mounted photo standout. Winners will be contacted by January 6, 2016 for a mailing address.
YOUR RIGHTS: You will retain all rights to any photograph you submit other than those rights licensed in these rules. By entering the contest, you grant to Lacawac Sanctuary: 1) a nonexclusive, worldwide, irrevocable, royalty-free license to reproduce, distribute, and publicly display winning photographs as long we include photo credit and do not attempt to resell the rights or use the images on products meant for resale, such as calendars or framed prints or any similar products. We may also contact semi-finalists about such rights, but granting those (or not) will not affect your chances of winning; 2) the right to use your name in promotions and other publications. If your photo is selected as a winner we will request the full-quality image.
You grant Lacawac Sanctuary rights (as described below) to your photograph. By entering your photo into the photo contest you confirm that you wish to grant Lacawac the rights to your image as described below. If your photograph is formally honored by the competition you grant Lacawac a royalty-free, nonexclusive right, in perpetuity, to:
• Use the photograph on the Internet (includes social media –Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr etc) in support of our mission.
•Use the photograph in Lacawac’s non - commercial communications, including newsletter
• Use, in connection with the Photo Contest, your name, city, state and country of residence in promotions and other publications.
• Reproduce image on Lacawac marketing materials
•Keep the files provided, and to archive the images on CD or in other electronic forms, so that your photos can be used to support our mission and be properly credited. As conditions of this permission, Lacawac Sanctuary shall credit all photographs with the caption "© Person's Name".
Craig Lukatch, President email@example.com
Jenna Mauder, Environmental Educator and Naturalist firstname.lastname@example.org